Thursday, April 8, 2010

Earl and Tiger


As Tiger Woods returns to professional golf today at The Masters, his longtime sponsor has made a bold statement.

Watch this.



As you may have gathered, this ad features the voice of the golfer’s late father, Earl Woods and says a lot about Tiger's current personal situation. And while brands such as Accenture and AT&T turned their back on Tiger and dropped him like a bad habit, Nike has stood by their main man.

Does the fact Nike dares to make such a stance explain why Nike is among the most revered and valued brands in the world?

Clearly, Nike is not taking the safe, conservative route.

But isn't that what makes great brands great?


"For many my behavior has been a major disappointment, my behavior has caused considerable worry to my business partners, and everyone involved in my business, but most importantly to the young people we influence, I apologize"
TIGER WOODS

www.seamlessbrand.com

No comments: