Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rich Woman


Kim is truly an independent woman.

In every sense of the word.

In her early twenties, Kim went to work for one of Honolulu’s top advertising agencies where she had a front-row seat to many successful business worlds. Eventually, she decided to leave her safe, secure job and by the time she was 27, Kim was the owner/operator of her very own clothing company. Before long, her company enjoyed national distribution and as fate would have it, her busy travel schedule allowed her to meet Robert, her future husband.

In 1989, Kim purchased her first investment property, a small two bedroom, one bath apartment in Portland, Oregon. From those humble beginnings, she has become a multi-millionaire, owning a real estate investment company that deals with buying, selling and managing of properties all over the United States.

Her husband might be more famous, but make no mistake - Kim Kiyosaki became a "Rich Woman".

On her terms.




Kim recently hosted the first-ever, Rich Woman International Forum with 200 women from 19 countries gathered for three days in Scottsdale, Arizona. From that conference, Kim developed what she calls "The Six Rules of a Rich Woman".

1. I am "financially intelligent."

I acquire knowledge, and then I apply the knowledge acquired. True learning occurs when you get out there and do it.

2. My assets pay for my liabilities.

An asset puts money in your pocket whether you work or not. A liability is something that takes money from your pocket. A Rich Woman spends her money on assets first.

3. I do not live below my means (I expand my means to create the life I want).

It's about bringing out the big spirit that you are, not dampening the light. It does not mean counting every penny you spend, clipping coupons or giving up your mocha lattes. None of these things inspires the women I know.

4. I focus on acquiring assets (while most focus on acquiring income).

To become financially independent through your salary is nearly impossible these days. Rich Women, on the other hand, focus on acquiring assets--investments that every month generate a positive profit or cash flow to you.

5. I surround myself with like-minded people.

Negative people - those who tell you all the reasons you can't do something or why it won't work - are the kiss of death to creativity and innovative thinking.

6. I teach and empower other women to be independent Rich Women.


Kim Kiyosaki's teachings are not designed to help women buy cheaper car insurance or save pennies at the grocery store.

She thinks women are smarter than that.


"I believe the world would be a better place if there were more Rich Women"
KIM KIYOSAKI


No comments: