Monday, January 26, 2009

Celebrating Greatness

What do Wayne Gretzky and Eddie Van Halen have in common?

Perhaps, more than you think.

Besides being regarded as virtuosos in their respective pursuits, Number 99 and EVH are also enshrined in their respective Halls of Fame after each decided on his chosen career path at an early age.

Wayne and Eddie also share the same chiropracter, describe golf as their favorite form of recreation and each considers Tiger Woods as a buddy.

And ... they also happen to share a birthday!

Today, the Great One turns 48 while Eddie turns the dial up to 52.





And while Van Halen's "Eruption" was the warning shot that revolutionized rock guitar when it was released in the late 70's, Gretzky also turned his sport upside down when he entered the NHL at about the same time period, on his way to becoming the most prolific scoring machine in hockey history.





TSB joins the millions around the world who admire and applaud Wayne and Eddie for the efforts they've made to take their gifts to the highest level.

Happy Birthday fellas!



"There's a plaque on our wall that says we've sold over 65 million albums, and I don't feel I've accomplished anything. I feel like I'm just getting started" EDDIE VAN HALEN


"The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it" WAYNE GRETZKY


2 comments:

Chris said...

Did not know that. Obviously a good day to be born :-)

Gair Maxwell said...

I am sure that if you were to think about it long enough and dig deep enough, Number 99 and EVH would have other things in common as well...If I am not mistaken Paul Newman was also born on this day ...