Monday, August 11, 2008

Seeing the Impossible Become Possible!



A week later and I still can't get over what Bill Strickland is accomplishing in Pittsburgh with the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild. I am sure I have told at least a dozen or more people that it felt like being in the room with Martin Luther King as Bill addressed the 2000 or so delegates to the National Speakers Association conference, August 4th in New York City.

I was so taken by Bill’s story that I found myself choking back tears while smiling and laughing in between. Take a look at this video and see if you don't draw similar conclusions about the value of Bill's work.

With his friend Herbie Hancock tickling the ivories, I found a video where Bill Strickland outlines the work that he is doing to fight poverty. It's people like him that we can learn so much from and can only hope that the political and governmental world will some day tap into this kind of mojo.



Personally, I have no trouble picturing Denzel Washington playing Strickland in a major motion picture some day in much the same way Will Smith portrayed Chris Gardner in the Pursuit of Happyness.

No comments: